SKHS Community Outreach Programs
- Kingston Gets Active (KGA) is a community-wide initiative made up of partners from multiple sectors. We target various areas of community life such as educational and promotional activities; social marketing and communication; and infrastructure and public policy strategies. By addressing the need for a multi-level approach to physical activity promotion, we hope to promote, encourage, and support citizens to be physically active on a daily basis and physically literate through collaborative planning, community action, and policy advocacy.
- If you’re passionate about active living, consider becoming a KGA Ambassador. Ambassadors motivate local residents to adopt more physically active lifestyles by delivering information through presentations and displays around the community and at local events.
- For more information about our programs and initiatives, visit: www.kingstongetsactive.ca.
Revved Up provides an adapted exercise program service that promotes physical activity for those with mobility impairments, developmental disabilities and/or cancer. Our vision is two-fold:
- To provide world-class, community-based exercise programming that fosters healthy living and quality of life among people living with mobility impairment, intellectual disability and/or cancer.
- To develop generations of health professionals sensitive to and educated about the fitness and lifestyle considerations for people with disability and/or chronic disease.
Our participants exercise in a fully accessible facility with the assistance of trained student volunteers in order to provide a safe and effective exercise experience.