(Open to Health Studies, Kinesiology and Physical and Health Education students.)
The one-term Community-based Internship course provides students with a practical internship opportunity related to their field of study, including but not limited to: fitness facilities, community health centres and allied healthcare clinics. Through pre-internship workshops, course seminars and their community-based internship, students will gain and utilize a wealth of professional development skills and experience. Please note, if selected for the course, it is the responsibility of the student to seek out, apply for and arrange internships with assistance from the Internship Coordinator. The course is open to upper-year students in the Health Studies, Kinesiology and Physical and Health Education programs.
- Students can apply at the end of second or third year.
- Attend the Mini-Stream Information Session on TUE FEB 27 from 2:30 to 3:30 in KIN 100 (28 Division St.).
- To apply, students must submit an application by email to the SKHS Internship Coordinator by 4:00 p.m. on FRI MAR 16. Late applications are not accepted.
- Applications must include a current resume and a statement of intent (including what area they hope to do their placement in and why).
Need more information or assistance?
- Please email Michelle McCalpin, SKHS Internship Coordinator.